Deck Builder Vancouver
Selecting the right material for you pool deck is a crucial part of your overall design. It is important to keep in mind how large your deck space is going to be as sqft can add up pretty quickly with a larger space. Concrete is one of the most popular choices for decking as it has very flexible design potential through decorative concrete. Concrete can be transformed through stamping of different designs, dyeing/stained into different colours, and manipulated to match any landscape. If you prefer the pebble look of exposed aggregate, that can also be a great option for you pool deck as it has some built in traction.
Other materials that make for excellent options for a pool deck are concrete pavers, natural stone, wood, and travertine pavers. With pavers, you are able to blend different colours together which can give a more natural appearance to your deck. In most cases, these options are fairly good with heat so you don't have to worry about bare feet even if its a scorcher outside.
Deck Building Contractor Vancouver
When you are thinking of building your pool deck, it's not just the type of material that should be coming to your mind. As the deck is going to be built around a pool, it is important to consider some factors:
- Your material of choice should be safe and not become slippery when wet.
- The decking materials should be bumpy, coarse, or uneven.
- A heat reflective material will do wonders for your bare feet.
- How resistant is the material to chemicals, acid, and algae? When cleaning your pool, it is common for these things to end up on your deck.
- Does the material blend nicely with the surrounding landscape or hardscaped areas.
- While natural wood can look beautiful beside a luxury in-ground pool, is it more practical to get synthetic/composite decking for less maintenance work?
Your pool deck shouldn't just be chosen on a whim. It should blend in seamlessly with the rest of the space and act as a functional landscaping element for your home. While pool building is our bread and butter, we have a ton of experience working with not only pool decks but more traditional decks as well. With our expertise in pool building, we've also developed a good eye for the types of materials and setups that work well. The ultimate decision will always come down to you, the customer, but we are always wanting to help out in anyway that we can.
If you are looking to revamp your current deck or looking for a deck contractor for your new pool, give us a call for your free consultation. When a luxury pool build and the perfect deck comes together, it can be an absolute thing of beauty.